Our most popular tennis program, Summer Singles, is a ladder of almost 200 players in which you set up matches with players at your skill level. Play starts May 1st and runs through August 9th. It is a great way to meet lots of people and get a ton of matches in. Entry fee is $25.
Other Important Season Dates:
EARLY REGISTRATION BEGINS: APRIL 1
EARLY REGISTRATION DRAWING (see details below): APRIL 7
SEASON START: MAY 1
REGISTRATION CLOSES: JUNE 1
DEADLINE TO PLAY 4 MATCHES: JULY 4
REGULAR SEASON ENDS; MUST HAVE PLAYED 8 MATCHES: AUGUST 9
PLAYOFF BEGINS: AUG 10
R16 MATCH COMPLETED BY: AUG 17
QF MATCH COMPLETED BY: AUG 24
PLAYOFFS (SF AND FINAL): AUG 27
SUMMER SINGLES PARTY: AUG 27 (NIGHT)
PLAYOFFS RAIN DATE: AUG 28
Players must be available both Aug. 27 and 28 to participate in Playoffs.
Early Registration Drawing
Individuals who register for SCT Summer Singles by April 6, 2016 will have their names entered into a drawing for a free pair of tickets to attend the PowerShares QQQ Challenge Event on Friday, April 8, 2016 in Chicago at the UIC Pavilion. The drawing for the tickets will take place on April 7, 2016 and the winner will be notified on April 7, 2016. This event will feature Andre Agassi, John McEnroe, Jim Courier and James Blake! Also, if you simply don’t want to miss out on this fantastic event, SCT members can purchase their tickets here and receive a discount by utilizing the discount code in the picture.
Thank you to everyone who completed the initial program survey and the follow-up survey that were sent out regarding the 2015 season and suggested improvements for 2016! The SCT Singles Players have spoken! Overall, members are generally happy with the league with very few items that they would like to see changed. However, as a result of the feedback we received and the need to continue to strive for improvement each and every season, we have changes that we would like to introduce for 2016!
New for 2016!!
1) Players wanted a more streamlined way to schedule matches. So, this season we will be utilizing a software application that players can add to their smartphones so that players can receive announcements from the 2016 SCT Summer Singles league more easily and increase the chances of setting up a required tennis match when it is convenient. The application has push notification features for immediate notification of when your play-off match has been scheduled or when you just received a message from a friend that they would like schedule a tennis match with you! Plus, all of your tennis friends will be in one place so no more sorting through your contacts to find the ones that you want to swing a racquet with! Players can private chat with someone or talk with a number of people in one of the chatrooms! Once you sign up for SCT Summer Singles, you will receive an invitation shortly afterward to register for the software application. It is available on both Apple and Android platforms. You are not required to sign-up for the software application. But, it will certainly make your tennis life much easier and more enjoyable!
2) For those who want to save some money, and help out the league: Two (2) Volunteer Summer Singles Scholarships will be given out this year. Individuals who are interested in volunteering to help with The SCT Classic Tennis Tournament (Aug. 12-14, 2016) and who have an interest in becoming an SCT Board member will receive FREE entry into the 2016 SCT Summer Singles League! Your volunteer experience will be scheduled around your participation in the tournament and we are only asking you for a few hours of your time. Interested individuals will need to provide answers to two simple questions: 1) Why do you want to volunteer to help with the 2016 SCT Classic Tennis Tournament and 2) Why are you interested in becoming a member of the SCT Board? We are looking for the future leaders of tomorrow! You should send your answers to the Co-Director Ignacio Cuevas. The two (2) individuals with the best answers will receive free entry into the 2016 SCT Summer Singles League! Submissions must be received by April 15, 2016 and the winners of each of the Volunteer Scholarships will be notified by April 19, 2016. If you send in your submissions by April 6, 2016, your name will be included in the drawing for the free pair of tickets for the PowerShares QQQ Challenge Event taking place on Friday, April 8, 2016.
3) Some of you wanted fewer Required Matches. So, Rule Change for 2016: Only 4 required matches will be assigned this year to allow players greater flexibility in finding and scheduling matches. This change will be reviewed in a program survey at a later date.
4) Some of you wanted a longer season. So: This season the SCT Summer League will run one week longer than last season. The dates this season are May 1, 2016 to August 9, 2016.
5) Some of you wanted healthier snacks on Playoff Day. So, healthier snacks you will get!
6) We have clarified rules related to retirements, responsiveness to challenges, and line calls. See the Summer Singles page (link below) for all rules.
7) Some of you wanted to move the Playoffs to Waveland Courts. We are going to do our best to reserve those courts for Playoffs. (This is challenging given the demand of the courts, but again, we will try our best!) If not, we'll stick with Grant Park - which many of you were happy with.