Our most popular tennis program, Summer Singles, is a ladder of approximately 150 players in which you set up matches with players at your skill level. Play starts May 1st and runs through August 8th. It is a great way to meet lots of people and play a lot of matches around your schedule! The entry fee is only $25! Don’t forget to attend the Opening Season Mixer on April 29, 2017! SCT gym bags will be handed out at the Opening Season Mixer! To sign up, please go to the AAC website at https://sportsaac.com/leagues/tennis/
Registration begins: April 4, 2017
Season starts: May 1, 2017
Opening Season Party: April 29, 2017. Be sure to pick up your SCT gym bag!
Registration closes: June 1, 2017
Deadline to play 4 matches: July 4, 2017
Regular season ends (Must have played 8 matches): August 8, 2017
Playoff begins: August 9, 2017
R16 Match completed by: August 16, 2017
QF Match Completed by: August 23, 2017
Playoffs (SF and Final): August 26, 2017
Playoffs Rain Date: August 27, 2017
Summer Singles Party: August 26 (Night)
Players must be available both August 26 and 27 to participate in Playoffs.
Registration Drawing – PowerShares Series Tennis!
Individuals who register for SCT Summer Singles by April 30, 2017 will have their names entered into a drawing for a free pair of tickets to attend the PowerShares QQQ Challenge May17 at UIC Pavilion! Two pairs of tickets will be given away! Even if you don’t win the tickets, don’t miss your chance to see John McEnroe, Andy Roddick, Jim Courier and Mark Philippoussis compete in the PowerShares QQQ Challenge May 17 at UIC Pavilion! These legends will square off in two one-set semi-finals with the winners battling in the championship match.
Tickets and VIP Packages, including access to the VIP Player Party, Backstage Meet and Greet, and “Play with the Pros” Hitting Sessions, are on Sale now at http://www.powersharesseries.com/2017-Chicago/.
3:00 PM Play with the Pros Session A with Roddick/Philippoussis
4:00 PM Play with the Pros Session B with McEnroe/Courier
5:30 PM Player Party Experience
USE CODE “SCTL” TO SAVE 20% ON P2-P5 TICKETS
Thank you to everyone who completed the SCT Summer Singles 2017 Pre-Season Survey that was sent out regarding the 2016 season and suggested improvements for 2017! The SCT Singles Players have spoken! Overall, members are generally happy with the league with very few items that they would like to see changed. However, as a result of the feedback we received and the need to continue to strive for improvement each and every season, we have information that we would like to share!
Feedback and Highlights:
1) Players wanted a more streamlined way to schedule matches. Therefore, based on the survey, we will continue to utilize a software application introduced in 2016 that players can add to their smartphones so that players can receive announcements from the 2017 SCT Summer Singles league more easily and increase the chances of setting up a required tennis match when it is convenient. The application has push notification features for immediate notification of when your play-off match has been scheduled or when you just received a message from a friend that they would like schedule a tennis match with you! Plus, all of your tennis friends will be in one place so no more sorting through your contacts to find the ones that you want to swing a racquet with! Players can private chat with someone or talk with a number of people in one of the chatrooms! Once you sign up for SCT Summer Singles, you will receive an invitation shortly afterward to register for the software application. It is available on both Apple and Android platforms. You are not required to sign-up for the software application. But, it will certainly make your tennis life much easier and more enjoyable!
2) For those who want to save some money, and help out the league: Two (2) Volunteer Summer Singles Scholarships will be given out again this year. Individuals who are interested in volunteering to help with The SCT Classic Tennis Tournament (June 23-25, 2017) will receive FREE entry into the 2017 SCT Summer Singles League! Your volunteer experience will be scheduled around your participation in the tournament and we are only asking you for a few hours of your time. Interested individuals will only need to provide an answer to one simple question: 1) Why do you want to volunteer to help with the 2017 SCT Classic Tennis Tournament? We are looking for the future leaders of tomorrow! You should send your answers to the Co-Director of Summer Singles and the President of SCT Ignacio Cuevas. The two (2) individuals with the best answers will receive free entry into the 2017 SCT Summer Singles League! Submissions must be received by Friday, April 14, 2017 and the winners of each of the Volunteer Scholarships will be notified by Monday, April 17, 2017.
3) The Rule Change for 2016 continues for 2017: Only 4 required matches will be assigned this year to allow players greater flexibility in finding and scheduling matches.
4) Players were fine with the length of the season. Thus, this season the SCT Summer League will run approximately the same length as last year. The season will run from May 1, 2017 to August 8, 2017.
5) Some of you wanted to move the Playoffs from Maggie Daley Courts. We are going to do our best to move the Playoffs to a location that is more centrally located. This is challenging given the demand of the various tennis courts in Chicago, but again, we will try our best! If not, we'll stick with Maggie Daley Courts which many of you were happy with.
6) 91% of the players were fine with the current rules. Thus, no new rule changes take place in 2017.
7) Sportsmanship is a concern of many of you. Thus, SCT will consult with one of our allies, the USTA, to find a resource with regard to sportsmanship that will be forwarded to the players. We suggest that every player conduct themselves in a way that represents themselves and the SCT league in the most positive light on the court. We want every player to have a fun summer playing in our league!