The annual "Chardonnay" Clay Court Doubles Tournament is a two-day doubles tournament held over a weekend in July at the outdoor Diversey Public Tennis Center clay courts. Featuring a BBQ/cookout, Har-Tru courts, and a bucolic setting, the Chardonnay is always a popular event on the Second City Tennis calendar!
2015 results can be found here!
The 13th Annual SCT Clay Court Doubles Championship
Dates: Saturday and Sunday, July 11 & 12, 2015 (rain date Saturday, July 18).
Times: Noon to 8PM on ALL dates
ALL PLAYERS NEED TO BE AVAILABLE ALL 3 DAYS.
NO SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED ONCE PLAY BEGINS
Location: Diversey Public Tennis Center, located at Diversey Avenue and Lakeshore Drive. (Phone - (312) 742-7821)
Events: Doubles in 4 divisions (All levels of play), 32 teams maximum. Single elimination, with a consolation draw
There will be a cookout on Saturday for players!
Registration: Teams register by: (1) completing the registration form and e-mailing it in and (2) paying the registration fee.
Entry Deadline: Wednesday, July 8, 2015
Paid participants will receive entry confirmation by e-mail.
Register online at the AAC website: http://sportsaac.com/leagues/tennis/
- All main-draw matches are 2-out-of-3 sets with a regular tiebreak at 6-games all in first and second sets.
- Third sets will be played as a Match Tiebreak (first to 10 point tiebreak).
- Consolation matches are Pro Sets (one set, first to eight games), with no-ad scoring and a tiebreak at 7-games all.
- 15 minute default time and 10 minute warm-up (5 minutes for consolation) will be strictly enforced.
- Tennis balls will be furnished.
- Match times are non-negotiable.
- Players are limited to playing in one draw and MUST be available to play all days (including raindate).
- No substitutes will be allowed once the tournament has started.
Surface: Har-Tru (American green clay)
Shoes: Smooth-soled tennis shoes must be worn by all participants. Cross-trainers, running shoes or any athletic shoe with an aggressive bottom will NOT be permitted.
Start Times: Draws and start times be posted on the SCT website a few days prior to the start of the tournament
Tournament Directors will make their best attempts to complete the tournament by July 12, including modifications to match format. However, weather delays and the duration of any delays may require the use of the rain date. In case of delay and need to use the rain date no substitutions will be allowed. All players must be present to play a match.
Tournament Directors: Ignacio Cuevas & Mike Geary
Questions: send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org